- Admissions & Tuition
- Campus Life
To develop a life-long passion for learning and foster in each child their fullest spiritual, intellectual, physical, and social growth within the teachings of the Catholic Church.
The philosophy of St. Monica Catholic School is based upon a call to attend to the spiritual, emotional, intellectual, social, and physical needs of our students.
We seek to provide an educational program that challenges and nurtures each child's distinctive abilities.
We believe that the success of each child is enhanced by the collaboration of parents, faculty and staff working in a positive and trusting framework.
February 1, 1954
St. Monica School was established by the Diocese of Dallas. By November 1954, a campaign to raise $275,000 to support construction of the school, church and convent was launch. The school facilities (18 classrooms, kitchen, cafeteria, library, offices and auditorium) were originally designed to support a total of 750 students.
June 1, 1954
The construction contract for the new St. Monica school and church was awarded to Knowlton Construction Company for $450,200.
February 21, 1955
Preliminary plans provided for construction of twelve classrooms, but pre-opening enrollment indicated greater student numbers than were originally anticipated. As a result, it was decided to build a school with eighteen classrooms.
October 24, 1955
The Bernardine Sisters of the Third Order of St. Francis, noted educators and administrators especially in Europe and the United States guided the school until the early 1980’s. St. Monica was the first parochial school in the Southwest to be staffed by Bernardine Sisters. Classes began that Fall with 516 students, 11 Sisters and 5 lay teachers.
August 1, 1957
After 948 students enrolled in the 1957 school year, an additional $198,000 was needed to construct 12 more classrooms and complete the Convent.
August 1, 1959
By the start of the 1959 school year, there were 1,346 students being taught by 19 sisters and 10 lay teachers.
January 1, 1983
St. Monica School Endowment Fund Created by Rev. Donald Zimmerman
August 1, 1983
Fall 1983 Dedication of the New Middle School Wing
January 1, 1998
Dedication of McManus Hall. The building was designed to house the school administration, the library, two computer labs, two art rooms, two music rooms, an international studies classroom, a conference room, and the St. Monica parish Office of Faith Formation.
May 1, 2003
August 1, 2003
The Preschool Development Program started.
August 1, 2004
Dedication of the Family Center. The new Family Center houses two gymnasiums, preschool classrooms, a large kitchen, two large meeting lounges, two conference rooms and numerous classrooms and offices.
March 1, 2014
The June Cooper Learning Center was constructed as part of a renovation that included the creation of three new spaces for the school and the parish. The first space, the June Cooper Learning Center, comprises a counselor’s office, two conference rooms, enrichment classrooms, a student support center, two classrooms for the Take Flight Program, and a tutoring room. The second space, located in what was the school’s original administrative wing, houses the new Office of Faith Formation and workspaces for catechists. The third space holds an office for the assistant principal and a conference/tutoring room.
February 1, 2015
SACS CASI provides nationally-recognized accreditation, the purpose of which is continuous school improvement focused on increasing student performance. To earn accreditation, schools must meet SACS CASI’s high standards, be evaluated by a team of professionals from outside the school and implement a continuous process of school improvement. “Accreditation demonstrates to our students, parents and community that we are focused on raising student achievement, providing a safe and enriching learning environment, and maintaining an efficient and effective operation staffed by highly qualified educators,” stated Principal Philip Riley.