Speaker: Vanita Halliburton
Date: Tuesday, September 10th
Location: St. Monica Catholic School Cafeteria
For Parents and Teachers
We all want to keep our teens safe. In this presentation you’ll learn to:
- Recognize signs of stress and depression
- Promote adolescent brain health and mental wellness
- Foster strong coping skills in youth
- Know the warning signs of suicidal behavior
- Learn to recognize and respond to a young person in crisis
- Connect with tools and resources to keep teens SAFE!
Click Here to RSVP
Vanita Halliburton is co-founder of Grant Halliburton Foundation, a non-profit organization that works to strengthen the network of mental health resources for children, teens, and young adults; promote better mental health; and help prevent suicide. Vanita is a frequent speaker to students, educators, counselors, parents, community groups and professional conferences. She speaks from the heart about her son’s battle with depression and bipolar disorder, his suicide at the age of 19, and the need for a collaborative and comprehensive approach to suicide prevention in our community.